Sunday 19 October 2008

Combat Kettlebells #1

We had the first Combat Kettlebells class at XTS on Friday! Brilliant fun! (right guys?!)
I had a strict 45min schedule - simple and effective.
Warm up, stretch, mobility, KB`s and cool down. I ran 3 mins over and I missed out the getup sit ups (they would have taken 3 mins, which means I spoke 3 mins out of place, tut! LOL)
The guys training in this first class were introduced to my intentions of a satisfying, no-nonsense session, leaving them worked-out and ready for the weekend, satisfied! During the workout I may have been called one or two naughty names from near-by trainers as they bunny-hopped their way across the gym floor, but the smile on their face and the chuckle after the cheeky comments made it fun and completely bearable!
During the 11 min KB section, I watched closely as everyone swung, dead-lifted, lunged, cleaned and pressed their KB`s with satisfaction. The core elements from the workshop were adhered to and simple anchor words from me quickly resolved any slight imperfection. The workout was completely individual. We had one person who is fighting in the ring in 4 weeks and one person who joined the AMAG about 4 weeks ago. Both reached their own desired workout pace and level with no pressure to out perform anyone else. I made that point very clear at the beginning: The workouts are individual. You want to come back next time and improve yourself. Sure, be inspired by those around you, but do not substitute technique for performance. I was very inspired by the guys training in how they approached my workout. I hope I got it right, I think I did.
A lesson learned for most - hydration! Drink lots of water during the day, not just at classes - it`s too late then. I`ll post information on this soon.
Well done to everyone who came along, see you Friday for more satisfying strength!

1 comment:

AMAG said...

Good class ray!
It's the beginning of something great!