Monday 28 September 2009

New Level, New challeges!





I`m fresh back home from Edinburgh where I attended the IKFF Level 2 certification weekend. Simple Strength's Rannoch Donald hosted Steve Cotter in what was a brilliant weekend of dynamic mobility, kettlebells and Qi Gong. Brilliant, informative and very challenging.

The dynamic mobility we did made alot of sense and it was hard work for all. Steve makes it look incredibly simple but encourages just to get on with it and work it out. In my opinion, thats great. I`m very happy I understand the importance of it and that I train it religiously in my classes and workshops.

Kettlebells - gotta love 'em! We kicked off this section with a 27 minute non stop review of the level 1 material, demonstrating that we all had the correct understanding and technique of all the drills. From then on it was new material all the way. Walking, jumping, juggling - learning advanced KB drills from Steve was alot of fun! Damn it was hard work, but alot of fun!

Throughout the weekend we would recover and develop our understanding of Qi Gong with Dr. Ed. Level 1 seen us learn 1 movement of Qi Gong for finishing workouts and recovering our body and mind. We refined our understanding of this movement as well as learning 3 more at this certification. I have worked the first movement myself a bit, and I`m looking forward to developing the next three.

Personally, the second day was very challenging as I loaded up my legs alot on day 1. I discovered 1 or 2 important areas that I need to work on and develop, and that's great. As soon as my legs recover, I`ll be right on them!
I gained my level 2 certification in the IKFF and I`m a very happy kettlebell'er! Can't wait to share and include my new skills and understanding in my classes.
Big thanks to Steve, Ed and Rannoch. It was an awesome weekend and it was a privilege to train with you all again!

Here is a link to Rannoch's video of the weekend...
http://vodpod.com/watch/2254459-ikff-ckt2-edinburgh

No comments: