Wednesday 21 September 2011

September Update

Classes cancelled: I have updated the KBA calendar to show some dates that classes are cancelled between now and Christmas. Please take a minute to have a look. Please note Sat/Sun 25th/26th Sept. are cancelled.  http://kettlebellsaberdeen.com/calendar.htm
A' snatchin' and a jerkin': The recent technical sessions covering the Snatch and Jerk have been pretty good. I am sure everyones technique and understanding have improved by dedicated some time to these essential techniques.
Gotta wait to train with Ken, 'ken: Unfortunately, the IKFF CKT weekend in Edinburgh has been postponed until Spring next year.
Looking forward to a Wales-of-a-time: I have decided to attend the 2nd Welsh Kettlebell Competition in October. I have never attended a comp before, so I am equally excited and anxious. I don't expect to do well in the competition, but I intend to go down and challenge myself, make some contacts, discover more about the official organisation and just soak up what will be a very different atmosphere to what I am used to. Happy days!
I will log my training, which is for reference and interest. With only 4 weeks or so to the event, there is little I can change in terms of a dedicated training progression. I will be working on routines, sets and reps based on my own thoughts and some info I have taken from the IKFF members forum. I will keep to a regular routine, but just work on increasing numbers, keeping comfortable and steady technique.
Nothing more but to just crack on!
I intend to blog my journey to the comp, and hopefully give some nice reading about the event itself. Stay tuned!

No comments: